Meet The Author: Tara Sim, Timekeeper - Interview

Hello Everyone! 

Welcome to the Fifth Day of Meet The Authors! 

I have with me today  the WONDERFUL Tara Sim, whose debut novel, Timekeeper was one that I read and fell in love with last year. I got the opportunity to read it as a part of the Sunday Street Team tour hosted by Nori from Read Love Write and I fell in love. 

Timekeeper is the story of an Alternate Victorian London where TIME itself is controlled by clock towers. A GORGEOUS LGBT Novel, with characters that will make you swoon, I could not recommend this read more. You can read my review of Timekeeper here

Don't forget to say hi to Tara below!

Also, Welcome to A Thousand Words A Million Books, Tara! It's SUCH a pleasure to have you here.
We'd LOVE To Get To Know More About You:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I'm quite boring and already love where I live in the Bay Area, California. However, if I could have a second home, I'd choose somewhere in the UK or Ireland.

2. What would you sing if you ever went to karaoke night?

Probably something by Florence and the Machine. Flo and I have similar-ish voices.

3. What is the best gift you've ever been given?

I've been given a lot of really cool material gifts, but I'm going to say my education. I was very lucky in that my parents sent me to college, and those four years were some of the best of my life.


And Now, Moving Onto Your Masterpiece:

4. What inspired you to write Timekeeper?

I was really into Big Ben when I studied abroad in London; something about the clock fascinated me. Later on I wondered what would happen if clock towers like Big Ben could literally control time, and who would be there to fix the towers if they ever broke. The idea expanded from there.

5. Give us a little sneak peak into the second book into the Timekeeper series! (I CANNOT WAIT!)
I can't say too much yet, but India is a major setting in book 2, and we get to meet a few new important characters as well as spend more time with those introduced in book 1. Oh, and there are airships.

6. If Timekeeper was turned into a movie, who would you cast in it?

I've always kind of used Logan Lerman as a model for Colton, but he's not British, so let's say Tom Holland. I'm not sure about Danny, but he'd need someone a little broodier to play him, haha.

Image result for tara simTara Sim is the author of Timekeeper (Sky Pony Press) and can typically be found wandering the wilds of the Bay Area, California. When she’s not chasing cats or lurking in bookstores, she writes books about magic, clocks, and explosives. Follow her on Twitter at @EachStarAWorld, and check out her website at tarasim.comWebsite || Twitter || Facebook || Goodreads ||  Instagram || Tumblr || Pinterest
Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)Title: Timekeeper (Timekeeper #1)
Author: Tara Sim
Publication Date: November 8th 2016
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Part of a Series?: Yes, Book 1/3 of The Timekeeper Trilogy
I Got A Copy Through: Sky Pony Press via Edelweiss (THANK YOU!)
Blurb Description: In an alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers, a damaged clock can fracture time—and a destroyed one can stop it completely.
It’s a truth that seventeen-year-old clock mechanic Danny Hart knows all too well; his father has been trapped in a Stopped town east of London for three years. Though Danny is a prodigy who can repair not only clockwork, but the very fabric of time, his fixation with staging a rescue is quickly becoming a concern to his superiors.
And so they assign him to Enfield, a town where the tower seems to be forever plagued with problems. Danny’s new apprentice both annoys and intrigues him, and though the boy is eager to work, he maintains a secretive distance. Danny soon discovers why: he is the tower’s clock spirit, a mythical being that oversees Enfield’s time. Though the boys are drawn together by their loneliness, Danny knows falling in love with a clock spirit is forbidden, and means risking everything he’s fought to achieve.
But when a series of bombings at nearby towers threaten to Stop more cities, Danny must race to prevent Enfield from becoming the next target or he’ll not only lose his father, but the boy he loves, forever.
The stunning first novel in a new trilogy by debut author Tara Sim, Timekeeper is perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare and Victoria Schwab.
Say Hi To Tara! Have you read Timekeeper? What are your opinions on a society where clocks can literally control Time, not just tell it?
I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment