Top Ten Authors I'm DYING To Meet (Top Ten Tuesday #26)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks at The Broke and The Bookish!

The minute I read this topic the only thing I thought was.. UM, EVERYONE? Being such an avid reader and talking to so many authors I haven't been to a) A SINGLE BOOK LAUNCH or b) MET EVEN ONE AUTHOR IN PERSON!

And this is because I a) live in India and b) live in India which is no-mans land and AUTHORS NEVER COME HERE. Actually, Mark Zusak, author of The Book Thief came for a literary dest earlier this year, but I lost my book and I couldn't go!
I have SO MANY AUTHORS that I'm dying to meet and I'm also really SCARED because I am an AWKWARD HUMAN and what would I say in front of the people that have me crying my heart out/ smiling like an idiot and pining for characters that don't exist?
Image result for sarah maas1. Sarah J Maas (Author of Throne of Glass Series and A Court of Thorns and Roses)
Image result for sarah maas booksIf you're a YA fan, you know that this lady is the QUEEN! If I was ever in front of her, I would LITERALLY choke and not know what to say despite having practiced lines in front of the mirror for days on end!
I NEED HER TO SIGN my copy of A Court of Mist and Fury (aka the GREATEST book ever) and just be in her presence because she CREATED RHYS, OKAY?
Image result for victoria aveyard2. Victoria Aveyard (Author of the Red Queen Series)
Image result for victoria aveyardThe Red Queen series is ONE OF MY FAVOURITES and I would KILL TO MEET VICTORIA! She is an amazing writer and such a passionate person (as I see on Twitter) and I would LOVE TO HEAR HER Talk all about Cal and Mare and Maven and sign my multiple copies of her books (both the big and small paperbacks)
I'm STILL WAITING on the Indian release of King's Cage (the date keeps being thrown back) but I CANNOT WAIT TO START WHEN IT DOES ARRIVE HERE.
Image result for shannon parker author3. Shannon Parker (The Girl Who Fell and The Rattled Bones) 
Image result for shannon parker authorI had the pleasure of talking to Shannon Parker last year when she came onto my blog when her debut novel, The Girl Who Fell, and she is ONLY THE SWEETEST HUMAN IN THE WORLD! She already sent me a signed copy of her book, all the WAY TO INDIA, but I would love to meet her and get a signed copy of her latest book.

Also, she's awesome and well, it would be AWESOME to meet her!
Image result for leigh bardugo4. Leigh Bardugo (Author of The Grisha Trilogy and the Six Of Crows Duology)
Image result for leigh bardugoThese books haven't even been released in my country (although they will be this May) but I've read ALL OF THEM! They're such wonderfully crafted books (even though I ruined the ending of Ruin and Rising for myself) and I LOVE THEM. I love the Six Of Crows duology more than the Grisha and I AM SO EXCITED that there is going to be a short story collection (even though I don't really like short stories that much) but I AM SO EXCITED that we get more stories from this world.
Image result for sarah dessenImage result for sarah dessen5. Sarah Dessen (author of Once and For All)
Sarah Dessen is honestly one of my FAVOURITE authors because it was her book - Just Listen - that got me into young adult books in the first place. I'm SO EXCITED for her latest release this June (it sounds ADORABLE and I LOVE IT!) and I would love the chance to meet Sarah and get my whole collection signed!
Again, I would have no idea what to say to her because she's such an inspiration!
Image result for illuminae6. Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (authors of the Illuminae Files)
(Yes, I'm adding both of them under this one listing)
Image result for illuminaeI recently fell in love with the Illuminae Series and I NEED THAT THIRD INSTALLMENT and also they seem like such FUN authors to get to meet with their snarky humor and kill everyone attitude and well, I LOVE AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS, OKAY?
I would love to get my ARC's and hardcovers signed and just be in their presence (and also HEAR ABOUT THEIR NEW SERIS TOGETHER EEEK!)
Image result for jeff zentnerImage result for jeff zentner7. Jeff Zentner (Author of The Serpent King and Goodbye Days)
After having Jeff as a part of my second blogaversary last year, and buying his debut novel on a Kindle deal, I recently read it and found myself CURLED UP IN MY COMFORTER with tears sobbing down my face. I'm so excited for Goodbye Days, and I would LOVE TO MEET JEFF as he is all kinds of awesome!

Plus, have I mentioned how MUCH I LOVE SIGNED BOOKS?
Image result for julie eshbaugh8. Julie Eshbaugh (Author of Ivory and Bone and Obsidian and Stars)
Image result for julie eshbaughI read Julie's Debut NYT Bestselling novel when it released last year and I was SO HAPPY when she agreed to come onto the blog for Meet The Authors in January. She is one of the sweetest people I know and even though she send me a signed copy of her book, she is one author I WOULD LOVE TO MEET!
I can't WAIT for her next book, Obsidian and Stars which releases June 2017!
Image result for sandhya menon authorImage result for sandhya menon author9. Sandhya Menon (Author of When Dimple Met Rishi)
Sandhya Menon is an Indian American writer with an Indian American book coming out this May and I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR IT! When Dimple Met Rishi is on the TOP of my TBR and it sounds like such a cute book. We occasionally chat on Twitter about Samosas and me fangirling over her book and I AM SO EXCITED FOR IT TO REACH THE WORLD!
Also, as soon as I get my hands on a copy, I'M SO RE-CREATING THIS COVER because it is so pretty!
Image result for alwyn hamiltonImage result for alwyn hamilton10. Alwyn Hamilton (Author of Rebel of the Sands Series)
I first tweeted to Alwyn last year when her debut novel was about to release and she is SUCH A WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING! I love watching her Instagram stories, and following her tours. I'VE ALSO BEEN QUOTED IN HER SECOND BOOK and it would be a dream come true for me if I ever get the chance to meet her!

Also, I'm DEFINITELY one of those humans who think that the UK covers are SO MUCH PRETTIER than the US ones - don't you?

I'm not even NEARLY done with this list, in fact, I'm pretty much restricting myself. I'd just sit beside my bookshelf and list out EVERYBODY if I could, but UGH.
I would also LOVE TO MEET Roshani Chokshi, Breeana Shields, Laure Eve, Tricia Levenseller, Samantha Shannon, JK ROWLING, Susan Dennard, Adam Silvera, Rosalyn Eves, Sabaa Tahir, VE Schwab and EVERYONE ELSE. *bursts into tears*
 Have you met some of your favourite authors in the world? 
Have you met some of the authors on my list?
Which authors are you dying to meet? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment