REVIEW: The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable by Aaron Blabey

Title: The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
Author: Aaron Blabey
Publication Date: November 1st 2015
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Part of a Series?: Yes, Book 2 of the Bad Guys series
I Got A Copy Through: Scholastic India (THANK YOU!)
Buy Links: Amazon IN || Amazon US || Amazon UK || Barnes and Noble || The Book Depository || Wordery ||  Flipkart || Snapdeal || Infibeam || Foyles || Waterstones || WHSmith ||
Blurb Description: They sound like the Bad Guys, they look like the Bad Guys... and they even smell like the Bad Guys. But Mr Wolf, Mr Piranha, Mr Snake and Mr Shark are about to change all of that! 
Mr Wolf has a daring plan for the Bad Guys first good mission. The gang are going to break 200 dogs out of the Maximum Security City Dog Pound.
It’s been a while since I read the first instalment of the Bay Guys series. I remember being hesitant because it wasn’t a genre I read anymore (I left behind Children’s and MG books a long time ago) but the book actually seemed quite funny so I decided to give it a try.

And to my own surprise, I LOVED THE BOOK.

The illustrations were hilarious, and the story was simple and yet it made me smile. It was a fun, different book and so when the lovely publicists and Scholastic India sent me the second, third and fourth episodes in this series, I was VERY excited.

I decided to binge all three of them because they really take me about fifteen minutes to finish each of them and write reviews in the middle.

Bad Guys 2: Mission Unpluckable maintains the hilarity of text and illustrations that I fell in love with in episode one.

In this instalment, the “Good Guys” (these are a bunch of traditional Bad Guys including a Big Bad Wolf, a flesh eating piranha, a huge shark and a cunning snake who FOR ONCE want to be called Heroes and Good Guys) decide to rescue 10,000 chickens who have been cruelly imprisoned with the help of another bad guy, Mr. Tarantula.

What ensures is a live piranha in a sandwich, a shark dressed as a mother chicken, a chicken parade and meeting the Big Bad Villain who will come back in book three.

There’s not much to say but WOW is this series funny. It’s such a simple concept that makes even me, a nineteen year old teenager laugh because even though it’s targeted at kids, it’s PERFECT for anyone looking for a simple book guaranteed to make you laugh. 4 stars. 
Aaron BlabeyAaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an Australian Film Institute Award, and 2003's CrashBurn, before retiring from performance in 2005.
Have you read any books from the Bad Guys series? What did you think of them?
What were some of your favourite books as a child? Do you still read any of them?
I can't wait to hear from all of you! <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment